Popular video game Fortnite makes whopping $3 billion profit for Epic Games in 2018
- Video game Fortnite brought creator Epic Games a $3billion profit in 2018
- Fortnite was created in 2017 and immediately skyrocketed in popularity
- The game is free but makes money selling a $10 seasonal Battle Pass and digital items such as clothes, weapons, and player reactions
- There are 125million Fortnite players, a majority of whom spend money on it
- The game skyrocketed to success because Fortnite is played on all its platforms including PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS
It's been an incredibly successful year for the video game Fortnite, which has brought in a whopping $3billion profit.
Fortnite creator Epic Games grossed the $3billion profit in 2018 for the game that was created just last year.
Fortnite is free but makes money by selling a $10 seasonal Battle Pass and digital items such as clothes, weapons, dances and reactions for players.
Zombie-hunting video game Fortnite has reaped a $3billion profit for Epic Games in 2018
The game has also racked up 125million players, a majority of whom spend some money on the game, according to Forbes.
A November study conducted by app data firm Sensor Tower found that iPhone users alone spent $1.23million every day on Fortnite purchases. That means the game made nearly $40million a month from iPhone users, according to the New York Post.
The game makes money selling a $10 seasonal Battle Pass and digital items such as clothes, weapons, dances and reactions for players. A Fortnite exhibit at the Electronic Entertainment Expo E3 in Los Angeles pictured above in June
Its skyrocketing value saw investors like KKR, Kleiner Perkins, and Lightspeed try and cash in on a $1.25billion slice of the company, according to TechCrunch.
Epic Game was founded in 1991 and they haven't given revenues for Fortnite, however their massive profit gives an idea of the game's success.
Epic Games hasn't commented on the $3billion profit.
Most watched News videos
- Tony Blair: The UK is 'ill-prepared' for three revolutions
- 'Keir Llama': Tory Defector mispronounces Labour leader's name
- Biden asked why he thinks Americans query his mental fitness
- Orphaned polar bear cubs trek miles to find Arctic gas workers
- Astonishing moment Polar bear cubs walk 375 miles over Arctic ice
- House of Commons reacts to Christian Wakeford crossing the floor
- Tony Blair: PM Boris Johnson's problem is 'absence of a plan'
- Moment pair of thrill-seeking base jump from 3280ft high cliff
- YouTuber DMO Deejay films himself speeding down British motorway
- 'Please come up North more': 94-year-old patient teases Kate and Will
- Flying blind! Boeing 767 pilot descends through thick fog
- Devastating footage shows roads in Tonga coated in layers of ash