- "Don't go to Station Gamma, kid. Nothing good comes out of there…"
- "This is Station Gamma. It was once a research facility for Car'das allies, but now it has been taken over by the Rak'qua and their creations. It is a tough place to explore on your own."
- ―E-5KL, to a spacer
Station Gamma originally served as a research facility for Jorj Car'das' organization. However, prior to the Galactic Civil War, the station was overrun by the Rak'qua who wiped out its inhabitants. The Rak'qua turned the station into a stronghold that was guarded by a large number of Rak'qua warriors, battle droids (I-10 Probe Droids, B2 super battle droids, K3-I Buzzer Droids, I-8 Black Widows, IT-4 Warning Droids, ESPY E.R. Droids, I-7 Constructs and rescind E.R. Droids) and war beasts, including mereks and a large creature named Ageaughu. Moreover, the Rak'qua made an arrangement with the Galactic Empire, therefore allowing the Empire to install a communication system in Station Gamma. Despite the hostility of the Rak'qua, no major conflict erupted with the Car'das from neighboring Tansarii Point Station during the followng years. Nevertheless, the Car'das allies avoided Station Gamma. Rumors that mercenaries and bounty hunters in league with the Empire capturing unsuspecting spacers and handing them over to the Rak'qua circulated among travelers in the star system, as well as rumors that Imperials performed horrible experiments in the station. Nevertheless, the crook Delo continued to sell tickets to the Station Gamma "resort" to tourists visiting the star system.
After the Battle of Yavin, the hostility between Station Gamma and Tansarii Point Station finally turned to open conflict. The warfare essentially erupted because a greedy arms dealer based in the Bright Jewel system bribed people on both sides to take advantage of a conflict in order to sell weapons. The Car'das dispatched soldiers from Tansarii Point Station to fight the Rak'qua on Station Gamma.
Around 1 ABY, groups of spacers allied with the Car'das, including a genetically altered Twi'lek, joined the fight on Station Gamma and the Rak'qua suffered heavy casualties. The Bothan spy Lercer Gaia later discovered the involvement of the arms dealer in the outbreak of the conflict. With this information, Officer Antom Moria was finally able to convinced both parties that the war was meaningless and prevented more violence.
In the meantime, the Alliance to Restore the Republic suspected that the Rak'qua were associated with the Empire. Rebel Agent Garek therefore sent a spacer to Station Gamma in order to download the information from their databanks to find out the truth. However, the Rak'qua had in fact broken their agreement with the Empire and put a lock on the Imperial communication system set on the station. Concerned by the situation, Captain Thrawn dispatched Imperial Agent Falrey to Tansarii Point Station. The latter recruited a group of loyal Imperial spacers who infiltrated Station Gamma to find information about the Rak'qua treachery.
Several other people visited Station Gamma during that time, including the explorer Frelka and his droid E-5KL, the archaeologist Aquillia, the cook Fiask Nidori, the junk dealer Erikson and the merchant Tyrral.
Behind the scenes
Station Gamma appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. Station Gamma was added to the game as part of the "New Player Tutorial" introduced with the release of the "Publish 25", a.k.a. the "New Game Enhancements", on November 15, 2005.
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Dirt on the Imperials)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Point of Interest: "Station Gamma" in the Bright Jewel system
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Station Gamma
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Imperial Quest: "Get Information From Station Gamma" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Spy Quest: "Lercer the Spy" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Rebel Quest: "Gathering the Dirt on the Imperials" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Conversation with "Delo" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Spy Quest: "The Spy's Game" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Missing Soldier" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Officer Quest: "Antom's Missing Student" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Officer Quest: "Preventing a War" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Frelka's Folly" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Aquillia's Runes" on Station Gamma
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Gathering Food Supplies" on Station Gamma