- "Not far from the Tansarii Point Station which we are on, there's another outpost, called Gamma. On it live a tribe of xenomorphs called the Rak'qua."
- ―Antom Moria, to an officer
- "You should be mindful of the Rak'qua Overlord. There are other powerful denizens within Station Gamma, as well. My sensors have picked up other mechanical signals in the area. You should be careful."
- ―E-5KL, to a spacer
The Rak'qua were a Nautolan tribe composed mostly of warriors, and led by an overlord. They formed a religious group and also counted a number of shamans. The beliefs of the Rak'qua involved prayers and dances around altars, hoping that they would bring them protection and prowess in battle. The Rak'qua had a strong sense of honor.
The Rak'qua were known to use battle droids, including I-10 Probe Droids, B2 super battle droids, K3-I Buzzer Droids, I-8 Black Widows, IT-4 Warning Droids, ESPY E.R. Droids, I-7 Constructs and rescind E.R. Droids. They also trained mereks as war beasts.
- "Station Gamma was a research facility. Now it's run by an Overlord and his cronies."
- ―Frelka, to a spacer
Years priors to the Battle of Yavin, the Rak'qua arrived in the Bright Jewel system and overran Station Gamma, a space station which was used as a research station by Jorj Car'das' organization. They turned the station into a stronghold that was defended by a large number of Rak'qua warriors, battle droids and war beasts, including mereks and a large creature named Ageaughu. Although all the former inhabitants of the station were wiped out during the takeover, no conflict erupted between the Rak'qua and the Car'das from neighboring Tansarii Point Station and cohabitation between the two stations remained quite peaceful. Moreover, the Rak'qua made an arrangement with the Galactic Empire in order to strengthen their position, therefore allowing the Empire to install a communication system in Station Gamma.
After the Battle of Yavin, the hostility between Station Gamma and Tansarii Point Station finally turned to open conflict. The warfare essentially erupted because a greedy arms dealer based in the Bright Jewel system bribed people on both sides to take advantage of a conflict in order to sell weapons. The Car'das dispatched soldiers from Tansarii Point Station to fight the Rak'qua on Station Gamma. At that time, the Rak'qua were led by Overlord Rrynt'vor.
Around 1 ABY, groups of spacers allied with the Car'das, including a genetically altered Twi'lek, joined the fight on Station Gamma and the Rak'qua suffered heavy casualties. The Bothan spy Lercer Gaia later discovered the involvement of the arms dealer in the outbreak of the conflict. With this information, Officer Antom Moria was finally able to convinced both parties that the war was meaningless and prevented more violence.
In the meantime, the Rak'qua broke their agreement with the Empire and put a lock on the Imperial communication system set on Station Gamma. Concerned by the situation, Captain Thrawn dispatched Imperial Agent Falrey to Tansarii Point Station. The latter recruited a group of loyal Imperial spacers who infiltrated Station Gamma to find information about the Rak'qua treachery.
Behind the scenes
The Rak'qua appeared in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. The Rak'qua were added to the game as part of the "New Player Tutorial", introduced with the release of the "Publish 25", a.k.a. the "New Game Enhancements", on November 15, 2005.
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Point of Interest: "Station Gamma" in the Bright Jewel system
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Station Gamma
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Aquillia's Runes" on Station Gamma
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Officer Quest: "Antom's Missing Student" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Spy Quest: "Lercer the Spy" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Imperial Quest: "Get Information From Station Gamma" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Spy Quest: "The Spy's Game" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Quest: "Missing Soldier" on Tansarii Point Station
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Officer Quest: "Preventing a War" on Tansarii Point Station