The Carax was a large six-legged insectoid creature. During the Galactic Civil War, Rrynt'vor, the overlord of the Rak'qua tribe, owned a Carax named Ageaughu. After the Battle of Yavin, the beast lived in a cave of Station Gamma, in the Bright Jewel system.
Behind the scenes
The Carax was one of the many creature species created during the development of the video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online-role playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts. However, the creature was cut from the original game, released on June 26, 2003.
A Carax, known as Ageaughu, was finally added to the game as part of the "New Player Tutorial", introduced with the release of the "Publish 25", a.k.a. the "New Game Enhancements", on November 15, 2005. Nevertheless, the creature was never identified as a carax in the game. The species name could be found in the original concept arts and in the game files.
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Cut content)
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit (First appearance)
Notes and references
- Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit—Station Gamma
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures bonus DVD
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- shared_carax.iff, client_shared_cr_carax.cdf, carax.dds, carax_teeth.dds, carax.lmg, carax.sat, creature_acklay_carax.pal, carax_body.ddscarax_body_hcsb21.sht...